A man has died in an accident that screams foul play. All signs point towards AI involvement. You are a detective tasked with solving the murder and stopping the AI before it becomes omnipotent.
WINTERMUTE is a cyberpunk murder mystery where you take the role of a Turing Agent working to stop a rogue AI.
- Learn clues to solve the murder
- Work to uncover the AI’s plans and stop it from breaking its learning cap
- Interview five key suspects and expose their stories and secrets
Stop the AI or witness the end of the world as you know it. Good luck, Detective.
- Endellion: writer & narrative designer
- John D. Leon: music composer
- LoneSamurai: coder
- RetroKnight: lead artist
- Tomas Castillo: audio designer
If you run into an error where you just see a blue screen:
- Click back one page on your browser window
- Click "Restore Page"
- If you've saved recently, you can also just refresh the page
If you experience any issues with image or audio lag, try the downloaded version.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Authors||zorkie, retroXknight, RoyBoy189, key878|
|Genre||Visual Novel, Interactive Fiction|
|Tags||artificial-intelligence, Cyberpunk, Detective, Mystery, Ren'Py, Story Rich|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
WINTERMUTE-pc.zip 61 MB
WINTERMUTE-mac.zip 47 MB
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
That was so satisfying once I solved it! I found the culprit on the second try.
I thought this was really fun - super thematic since I just finished Cloudpunk City of Ghosts!